What can I say except Kam is our DAREdevil. He loves to climb. He knows he is not supposed so if he sees you coming he will tend to jump off of whatever he has climbed. This case was no exception, but when he jumped he hit the edge of the chair on the way down. The tip of the nose had a huge gash in it. In the six years we have had kids this was the first real emergency we had and I did not know what to do. Nick ran a picture down to our pediatrician (less than 5 min away) and the nurse said definitely take him to the ER. So off I went. Nick was headed back to work and of course ran out of gas. I had to just leave him their to find his own help. (I did feel bad). When we got to the ER no one was in the waiting room so I got excited and thought we would be in and out. WRONG! We sat their for 3 hours. Trying to keep a 19 month old from touching every germy and disgusting thing in sight during his nap time was far more traumatising and painful than Kam's actual fall. I felt so bad for him. By the time we saw the doctor he said it could definitely use a stitch or two but it had already started to heal so he said it would be to painful to re open the wound and stitch it. To say the least I was not happy to hear that after waiting 3 hours and it being their fault there was nothing they could do. For Kams sake at least he didn't have to go through any more pain. The doc said it would just take a long time to heal. I am hoping it won't scar. It has been 2 1/2 weeks and still in the healing process. I hope I do not have to take any of my children back their again.
Wednesday, April 20, 2011
1st ER Visit!
Posted by charese at 2:00 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
You are so luck that is your first ER visit...they suck huh! Glad everything is alright1
Post a Comment